Happy 4th of July
We are going to a party with some American friends on the 4th and I said I would bring the potato salad. As I was boiling the potatoes (in the wok) I noticed I had no bowel big enough to mix it all in. Until I looked at my wok and thought, this would work! I never thought a wok could be so useful. Anyway, it tastes pretty good- although it really needs some mustard which I could not find at our local, crazy Wal Mart.

Well the 4th it is just another day here in China! But we had fun this weekend celebrating 230 years of America (which is not much to celebrate when China has been around for A LOT longer). We went on Sunday to a party sponsered by the American Chamber of Commerce here in Beijing. Miriam enjoyed swimming, games, french fries and dancing to the blues band from Chicago.
Here are some pictures!
- Asa happy at the pool and sporting his new four top teeth!
- Miriam wearing her red and white "Husker" cheerleader outfit to the party. Kids at the party were all getting soccer balls on their faces for the world cup fever that is here. When I went up to decide what she wanted on her face she proudly announced " An American flag and a soccer ball". NOTE- she has never played soccer or watched a game in her life. But she is watching what all the little boys want!
Please have some good beer and brats for us! Love The Meyers


3 Comments:
We Love this! Alan and I look forward to reading your blogs. The pictures of the kids are so cute. We are praying for you continually as you seek to minister to the nations.
2:04 PM
Hey Meyers! We're sad we missed the 4th of July events at the embassy...sounds like you had so much fun! It is so fun to hear other people's view of living in China...I loved your "everyday life" entry...talk to you soon!
Jean
11:58 PM
this is great - laura just showed me the link. Can't wait to add it to my list of sites to visit every day. Asa is so huge and cute! Your whole family is precious - you're all in my prayers. Keep the daily life updates coming!
1:11 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home