Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Friday, June 30, 2006

One Month!

My dear Dad asked me to take more pictures of everyday stuff. So I thought I would start with our apartment. Asa is now standing up and thinking about how to wrap his cute little lips around the laptop power cords. Below are some of our favorite things- Skippy Peanut Butter (tastes just like home) and Apple Juice, which tastes more like Apple Cider but it is really good.



Bathroom- all in one, so the shower gets everything wet- but I prefer to think of it as a way to keep everything clean. Miriam's room, the bed to the left we have converted to a "reading corner". And below is our living room.

Well, it has already been one month! Never thought I would like China so much and yet feel so confused by this country at the same time. It is growing so fast and changing so much!

Miriam cleared a milestone this week and did not cry at preschool at all! She seems to really like it now and her teacher said she is even participating in the songs and dances. Her new thing is to ask me what everything is in Chinese. Then she will look at me and say "Mommy you do not know, so I need to ask Daddy when he gets home." (you can tell how good my language is!)

Asa is still into everything and Miriam loves to boss him around. Most days I have to remind her that I am the Mommy and she is the sister. Asa now can stand up on the coffee table and couch, but then has no idea how to get down so he just screams until I come to rescue him.

After a month here are Joab's top four things about living in China:

1. My family is here with me 2. Applying corporate finance to the China Market 3. Explaining spreadsheets for project cash flows in Chinese 4. Family Adventures - by bike and subway

Em's top four things about living in China

1. If I can make it here I can make it anywhere! 2. Finding an oven to use, and finding things to eat for my family that are good and not Chinese. 3. More confidence in going out on my own and talking to people. 4. That Miriam seems happy and has a good little friend named Elysa (and her Mom Jo has been a wonderful friend to me too)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home