Safe and Sound and tired in Beijing


Hello!
Well we all made it to China! After about 24 hours of travel, a delayed flight out of Chicago we got here! Miriam looked out of the window this morning and said " Where is the Great Wall of China?". I guess that can tell you how unimpressive our view is!
We have been very blessed with a large, clean and comfortable three bedroom apartment. The kids can have their own rooms and we have a washing machine for the first time in our marriage.
Our big adventure today was going to the Wal Mart Supercenter just up the road from us. It was quite the experience. It feels like you are walking into a cirus when you get there! Music, free samples (we ate Oreos and boy were they good) and lots and LOTS of people. The kids did okay, Asa loves to flirt with anyone! I would be looking for something and turn around and he has the whole aisle smiling at him! Miriam likes staying close by to us, but did like buying some new shoes.
For our first meal in our new place I cooked eggs and bacon and Miriam had oatmeal. We are all super tired but happy to be home!
The pictures our of Asa happy after shopping at Wal Mart and Miriam and I eating dinner together last night.


1 Comments:
Great photo. Two observations though . . . 1) Most Chinese restaurants deliver - you don't have to go to China to get it and 2) Miriam has a Harvard shirt on when I know there must be a Thunderbird shirt somewhere she can be wearing.
:)
4:08 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home