Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Monday, June 26, 2006

Daddy Date


I think Miriam has a pretty cool Daddy to take her on dates. This was their first one in China- and she got a lollipop! They had a great time and even got to ride on a blue plastic bunny that played "Jingle Bells".

All is well in Visa land. After a TB, HIV and Heart test I am all cleared to be in China. The next step now is to file all the paper work and wait.....

We had a good time at the US Embassy- really nice place, your tax dollars are being spent well :). We are headed back there again on Wed, as Joab needs more pages added to his passport to extend his visa in China. This will make Miriam happy as she "liked that place where you hear English".

I had my first Chinese class today and have a really great teacher. It will be hard work, but worth it in the end. As I type my own personal tutor (Joab) is making me a cheat sheet with Chinese vowels and constants (I just learned today that Chinese has these) so that he can help me. After a great dinner of Mac and Cheese the kiddos are tucked into bed- with visions of Fruit Snacks dancing in their heads. Miriam today said ,Mommy - " When I get back to my far away home (AZ) I will eat fruit snacks again." This is as she is muching away on a nectarine which is far better for you than fruit snacks! Love Em

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your stories and pictures! Miriam sounds like so much fun. Makes me look forward to the silly things Annika will say one day. What an adventure this summer will be for you all!

5:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home