Summer's End
Miriam- This summer she really enjoyed all our visitors! She was a great help in being a "mini" translator for our guests that did not speak English. She loved all the play dates with friends and is getting ready for her first year in Chinese elementary school soon. She will be the first white (non-Asian that is, there have been Japanese and Taiwanese before her) child to ever attend this elementary school. She has no idea she is "breaking the color" barrier! She is very brave and we are very proud of her. She has been working all summer also on English, Math and Chinese to get ready for school. I am thankful I have a little girl who loves to learn!
Asa- As you can see from the picture he is into Superheros! He still makes us all laugh and has loved to play with Miriam this summer. It is just fun to watch them play together and learn together. I am sure glad they have each other to be friends with. He will start his third year of Chinese preschool in the fall.
Baby- He/She (we decided to not find out) is doing fine. I am pretty big- I guess you just get bigger with each one! I am a WHOLE lot bigger than Chinese pregnant women- so sometimes that gets a bit hard. Miriam told me today and I quote "Mom, you should really be glad you are not an elephant because then you would have to be pregnant for two years!". I think this was suppose to make me feel better!
Hope your summer was good! Love to you all! Em


6 Comments:
So good to hear you've had a good summer. Love you guys. :-)
12:33 AM
I wish I could see your pregnant cuteness! Miss you.
Dina
5:22 AM
Your kids are too cute! I cannot believe how big they are getting! Glad you had a great summer!
12:42 AM
LOVE the picture!!! It so catches thier personalities! So good to hear an update on your fam. Love you all!
Aimee
5:46 AM
That is great how much your kids are learning! I have a hard time believing that you are truly "big", but not having to be big for two whole years is a plus!
1:22 PM
God made her perfect for this country!
11:58 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home