Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Thursday, July 23, 2009

China is in mourning for Michael

EVERYWHERE you go you hear Michael Jackson songs these days. There is something a bit creepy to eating out when all you hear are the top hits by him. My kids had no idea who this guy was until he died. Now they can't get enough of him. Today the grocery store they had videos of him in his "prime" singing and dancing in classical MJ mode. I finally had to drag Asa away!

So- here was their conversation last weekend about him .

(I am painting Mei's toenails hot pink)

Miriam- "I just love this Mommy"
Asa- "I want to love it too Mommy"
Miriam- "Asa, only Michael Jackson paints his toe nails"
Asa- Silence.....

So, the King of pop is gone. Actually I quite liked some of his songs. And now my kids do too- thanks to the Chinese Media.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny :) Thanks for sharing. It brought a smile to my face.

Dina

11:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home