
Hello All! About a month ago Miriam's teacher told me "Miriam can give a speech?" and a whole lot of other things that I did not understand. I told her thank you very much! But I did not think Mei was at a place to give a speech in Chinese! SO two weeks go by. Through the grapevine I learn Mei was chosen by her whole class to give the speech for Children's Day 2009! How do you say no to that! So after a lot of practice (and prayer!) Mei was able to give today a short speech in Chinese to about 1000 people! It basically said- "Hi I am from America, I like Chinese, I have Chinese friends, thank you for coming, thank you Parents and Grandparents for helping us etc."
Here she is giving the speech!

After the performances awards were presented. Here is Asa with his teacher and Mei with hers. Mei's class won best dance!

Pre- show. Make up fun. And yes, the boys had blue eye shadow on.

I love this shot. Hand on hip checking out her make up.

In other news. Mei was in a drawing contest in the area of town our church meets at. It was to celebrate Expo 2010. Which is a HUGE deal here. Hai Bo is the mascot (the blue guy in the pic). So Mei drew Hai Bo going to church in Mei's picture! Love it!

Here is Mei drawing...Asa playing very seriously with cars.
6 Comments:
Just so cute! And what a nice honor for Miriam!
11:42 PM
Nice work, Mei! Most girls would be nervous making speeches in their native tongue! I LOVE your blog always, and am always inspired to do fun, creative, bold things, like make wontons, play cars (so much more fun than counting them, eh? ...we're considering homeschooling soon, too, and H would rather roar and such;) and best of all, I 'm inspired to cut the darn sleeves of my boy's shirt. You just rock!
3:24 PM
So proud of Miriam! Praise the Lord! Miriam and Asa are growing fast, trust they continue to enjoy Sunday School :o) I am well in HK, happy to be with family, miss Shanghai from time to time though, hope to visit later this year. My love to you all - hugs and God bless!
8:04 PM
der miriam theis is from anna i hav ben mseng you i hop theat you get betr miriam how hav you ben doen miriam. miriam love anna i am prayenge for you. miriam love anna
9:26 PM
I wish I could see the pictures! What is China doing with all the blogs I like to look at? Anyways, sounds like a load of good immersion into this culture!
Lisa
5:42 PM
Wow! That is amazing! What a good opportunity! I love the hands on the hip thing!
5:45 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home