Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Our yard

Miriam wanted to take a picture of Asa and Mommy




From the yard looking at our aparment (we are on floor 17, there are 20 floors total). Also I asked Miriam why she was putting leaves into her ears, she responded " Mommy, they are my earrings."

Yards in apartment complexes here are where people gather and sometimes there is a playground for the kids. We are very thankful to have just such a yard here at our complex. It is also a great place to practice Chinese while Miriam plays. Today we ventured out, it is about 90 F today, with 100% humidty-you can see what it does to Miriam's hair!

I was able to say a few things, but the Chinese Moms have way more questions than I have answers for! A nice Mom shared her shaobing treat with us. Kinds like a Chinese donut (or so Miriam said) with a red bean paste filling. I told Miriam the red bean paste was kinda like the chocolate filling in a donut back home-and then she ate it all up. It actually was quite good and I learned where we can buy some more!

Here are some pics! Enjoy- Em

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Great to get onto this site and see how y'all are doing. One big disappointment though: seeing Miriam wearing a Huskers not a Gophers cheerleading outfit. ;-)

Berkeley...

1:19 AM

 
Blogger PresterJohn said...

This is a really nice site even though I wouldn't know a husker from shaobing if I met one on stage in a karaoke bar. My kids always sing Thai Karaoke as part of their pilgrimages to the local Tesco department store that we now have in town. But they have sound proof all windowed booths which dad is not invited to enter so I don't know how good or bad they sound. If you get tired of the humidity stop over in Mae Sai where the humidity is rarely over 90% except when it is actually raining. Glad to see you are back on the right side of the world even if it might appear to be the left side on most maps made in America.

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home