Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hot Fun in the Summertime

Our camera is out of batteries, or I would post a very cute picture of Asa!

Not much new here, it is very hot and HUMID! Truly humidity on a scale I have never experienced before. Somedays it takes 2+ days for clothes to dry on the line as it is so humid. Anyway, Autumn is close at hand and for that I am thankful. Some highlights of the past week include:

- Joab pointed to the numbers 1-10 and asked Miraim to say them. She said them all in Chinese! Joab was a bit shocked (as he just assumed she would say them in English) but happy! In preschool she moved up a class (with all the other kids) and I think this classroom has more teaching time then her last one.

-Miriam and I helped at an English Camp for 6-11 years old this week. It was fun and the kids were so cute. I love Chinese kids- Miriam just thought it was preschool with Mommy with her, but she had a good time as well. The kids learned American Nursery Stories (three little pigs, Gingerbread Man etc.) and had lessons to go with each story. I was able to use some of my Chinese to get the points across and that was a really good feeling.

-Joab will be doing some traveling this week and next for work. I will need to be creative with what we will do while he is gone! But he is excited to travel a bit and see some potential sites for factories that clients in the US want to start.

- We celebrated eight great years of marriage this past weekend. We went out for Korean food while a friend watched the kids. Going out to eat without kids is so great- you only have to feed yourself. Joab and I both agreed that coming to Beijing has been really good for both of us and we have a better marriage because of it.

As you can see, we are not very exciting! But we are planning a trip (via 10 hour train ride each way) to Inner Mongolia Sept 1-4. That should make for some great pictures! Love Em

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Hard to believe it's been 8 years . . . for us too!

2:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a happy family!
It is a little surprise to hear that you two have married for 8 years!It is great to hear that you guys enjoy the stay in China.
From the picture, I can tell that the lovely kids like the experience in China, too! That's great!

7:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home