Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Thursday, November 13, 2008

WHO ARE YOU

So we have had this blog for almost three years! Yikes we have shared a lot. Now it is your turn. Who are you? Our family, a friend of a friend, someone who just loves China? We have decided not to make this blog private as we want to be able to share with all of you! But we are curious WHO YOU ARE. So we are having a contest!

Please enter a comment (include full name) on the bottom of this post. It is so easy! We will then put all the names in a hat and draw a winner! And there is a real prize! One of Joab's favorites books on China To Change China and one of our family favorites Story of Ping . (and yes, Amazon.com ships anywhere!)

So do not delay! The contest ends at the end of November.

37 Comments:

Blogger Joab Meyer said...

Yes ! This is the right place! If you do not have a google email account click on Anonymous and type full name here!

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Joy said...

Joy! :D

12:46 PM

 
Blogger Laura Lynn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:58 PM

 
Blogger Laura Lynn said...

I am your blog-stalker.

1:00 PM

 
Blogger alan and steph said...

we love your blog!

1:31 PM

 
Blogger Gina said...

ooooh! i hope I win! And by the way, what a great idea. I might have to copy you.
-- Gina Marie Benavidez-pemberton!
btw, I would love to hang out sometime soon.

9:40 PM

 
Blogger Gina said...

I just stumbled across your blog yesterday - just in time apparantly! I'm Gina Nettleman, and I spent a year teaching in central China after college. I love this blog for all the memories it brings back to me!

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Kristie said...

You know me, Em. Love to read your blog. Kristie

11:17 PM

 
Blogger Kendra C. said...

Hi Emily!

It's your crazy California friend who has been replanted in the Midwest. I love keeping up with your family on this Blog. I keep telling myself I need to create one for our family. Maybe sometime when I am not chasing the three kids or working... :)

1:23 AM

 
Blogger Ellen said...

I'm always happy when my feedreader shows a new post from you!

4:42 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

so we come to china and we get two pics on the blog??? I have evidence to bring you down...

8:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from Iowa!! I check on you guys from Kim Harms' blog. Not saying anything before now makes me a blog-stalker, though, doesn't it? Beautiful family you have, Em!

Kristine Vicker

8:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love your blog. We read it because we like you AND because we like China. Keep up the posts!

Warmly,

Jonathan and Christina Teichroew

12:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you all. Can't wait to go back...2010!!

12:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are funny! If I can get to your blog I do read it. If I win, I have the Ping book but I don't have the other one...
Lisa Lynn Ward

9:05 AM

 
Blogger Brenda said...

I think your blog is great also. It has been so much fun to see some of the things you have been up to. I went to high school with Joab.
Brenda Johannes Brokenicky

9:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy Grandma love it too!!!

11:36 PM

 
Blogger The Bowman Blog said...

We love the Meyers.
We love China.
We love Xiao LongBao.

1:21 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences!
Katie Nelson

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Kristina said...

Aloha!

11:00 AM

 
Blogger Brett and Meredith said...

We LOVE your blog!!

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Anna said...

now if you could only update it as often as i update my sent email file to you, that would be great.

in all seriousness, checking in on your blog is a standard in my internet routine.

love you and miss you tons.

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Our Family Blog said...

We love to keep up with what is happening with you (and the hilarious stories too)! We miss you and hope to be able to visit you in China someday.

Jim, Jen, Madison

5:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Meyer family! I've been secretly reading your blog for the past couple of months. I'm a friend of Sarah Kipling Lightner, and somehow came across your blog. I actually asked her at one point if you'd mind me reading it. She assured me that you were a fun loving kind of people that would get joy out of knowing that I'm reading about your adventures!

I have been enjoying your posts! My husband taught in China for a year, and I have a strong desire to live abroad. The spirit that your family exudes inspires me. So, your adventures are filling me with crazy ideas and plans to move abroad one day after having a couple of kiddos.

Thanks for allowing me to share in you exploration!

Heidi Snell-Anderson

5:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys-

We love following your adventures from afar. Nice to know we're not the only ones going through crazy adventures. Bryce and Tripp miss Miriam and Asa.

We'll meet again at McNabb's pool.

Jake and Darragh

7:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy hearing about the children and, of course, how your family is adjusting to China. I know the children did well in Glendale.
When my health is good I check on your blog frequently.

Hug the children forme.

McMom (Judy McNabb)

1:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to work with Joab at MOGPA and he sent me the link to your blog a while back. Since our kids are learning Chinese at an immersion school in Minnesota, I have enjoyed learning more about China through your family's experiences. Thanks for sharing your stories. We hope to move abroad as a family one day as well, and it will most likely be in China as our kids will speak the language!

Janelle Wenzel

12:19 PM

 
Blogger Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Well this is a cute idea! I have always wondered the same thing and it looks like you are getting a ton of responses! I love reading your blog - so many adventures!!!!!

Maddy

10:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan wrote the last one but I have to include my name as one of your "readers"! I love you guys!

Aimee Bowman

12:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meyers--Read your blog regularly; brings back memories of my brief visits to Shanghai over the past few years. I love that you guys have the Ping book; that used to be a favorite of ours when my brother & I were growing up, too!
Jillian Nelson Puri/Puri Family

3:06 AM

 
Blogger Ashli said...

Ashli Wilson, we were Thunderbirds and actually knew you for a very short time. My husband is Randall. I check in every so often and am amazed at how you just go along with your life so normally in China!

5:11 AM

 
Blogger Glinda said...

Hi! Just intended to update our own blog (it's been too long) when I decided to visit yours (am I procrastinating or what?). I love to hear of your adventures. I think you have a great family and am glad we could meet. No need for any prizes here. Your friendship is a treasure.

7:08 AM

 
Blogger Kim Harms said...

It's fun seeing what you are up to in China. It makes the world seem smaller to be able to just click and see what's going on with your family across the world.

1:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am your friend who misses you. :)
Love, e

3:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Its the Kellys!!!

4:06 AM

 
Blogger Danny, Andrea, Connor and Lizzie said...

I know we missed the contest but we miss you! LOVE your blog, keep looking for our little girl in your photos out on the town. :)Danny, Andrea & Connor Heid

1:38 PM

 
Blogger K and G McNabb said...

Wow, I am really behind on checking your blog. Of course the house is not the same without you, Lexi is bored and we had to get her a new friend to replace the kids in her life. Think of you all the time!

~Krissy and Geo

4:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home