Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Moon

Yesterday was the Mid Autumn Festival here in China. To see more about this you can see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Autumn_Festival

You eat Moon Cakes (see above and below) and get together with family. Miriam is still sick so we just kept it to our family this year. But I made a whole meal with round foods. I got this idea from a book I just finished call Wild Swans- a very good story about a family in China through out different parts of history. A great story you can find out more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Swans If you want to find out more about a family in China this would be a great book.

In the book it talks about a Grandma who every year for the Mid Autumn Festival made a round meal. So we had fun with: meatballs, carrot slices and moon cakes!

Asa with moon cake- he loves them.






See below for other pics from this week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you read so fast. I am glad you enjoyed the book and I hope it brought some insight to some of the culture and women in China.
Lisa

8:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have to look for that book. Sounds like a good one! I miss you guys so much! Thanks for the pics and the updates. I will work on doing the same. :) Lots of love!
Aimee

1:43 AM

 
Blogger Kristina said...

Thanks for the book idea. Just finished When a Crocodile eats the sun, about Zimbabwe. No I'm reading Heidi:).

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home