Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Friday, July 04, 2008

Em's Last Day of School

First things first! A story this week from the above monkey. When Chinese people meet you, a standard question is "where are you from". Miriam has this down pat but Asa still looks at people and has no idea what to say. So then Miriam answers for him, which sometimes makes Asa mad!

So this week I was trying to teach him how to say "I am an American". We would work on it bit by bit (with lots of help from big sister too). So finally I asked him (in Chinese) "Where are you from?". And he looks at me and says (In English)- "Mama- I FIREMAN" and then laughs. I love this guy!

Today was my last day of Chinese school! Yikes! With a broken ankle at the start and six weeks of bed rest I did not think I would make it! But with a lot of help we did it! Below are some pictures.

The outside of my University- East China Normal University. This is the Foreign Students' Building.

Miriam and I after class. She attended class with me this week as her school was out last week! She did a great job!



Miriam taking a picture with some of my fellow Japanese classmates.


Miriam with the girls.





After class all the students went out to lunch. Here is Miriam with some of my teachers and classmates.
I will take classes again in the fall. I hope to be at a level so when Miriam starts Chinese elementary school (Fall 2009) I can keep up with her. Today she had NO problem in my class- she was pretty cute talking to my teaches about her Chinese Preschool. I am very thankful for a good year! We are so very blessed.
One week from today we leave for the states! And good thing- today it is 107 with the heat index!!!!



2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

107 OH MY GOODNESS!!
that is so cute that m went to school with you :)
good job finishing the course... thats awesome em!you are so cool.
love, gina

12:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your year and how much your kids and you grown-ups have learned! I am making cookies to have in the freezer, unfortunally most of them are not wheat free......I can't wait to see you! Christy Grandma

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home