Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Last half of October

What a month! I am behind on pictures so here is a quick update. I celebrated being half way to 66 with a lovely meal with my fellow classmates after Chinese lessons! I love these women! We have so much fun together.
Joab and I went to a large art display about the migration of people in different forms in China. Here a HUGE ant on the side of the building to display movement in some form.

Outside of the train - statue depicting children and teenagers in the Cultural Revolution.


The inside of the train. Each mark is for 5 Chinese people. In all the marks represent the almost million people that were moved out of Shanghai during the Cultural Revolution.





Inside the museum. Here are the rule- check out the last one.




There are pumpkins here! They are just really small and really hard. Joab and the kids had fun carving this one.



I decided pumpkins were too hard- so moved on to green peppers to carve. They were really fun! All you need is a butter knife to cut with. Here is Mei with hers.


Went to our good friends the Madsons for green pepper fun and food! The peppers smell a bit (like burning pepper! Imagine that!) when burning. So we kept them outside on the padio.



Scary......



I am invited to a party next weekend where you need to wear a wig! It was so very fun to play with the blond one I bought. If you want a lot of laughs give your three year old a blond wig and let him run around the house!







Well much Love from Shanghai! Happy Fall! Em

5 Comments:

Blogger Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Looks like fun! Can not wait to see pictures of your wig party. The rules were pretty funny! And I LOVE the pepper carving idea!

3:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your peppers! Very creative and cute :-)

1:44 PM

 
Blogger Kristina said...

Oh, you can always make me laugh! Love the wig! And the peppers are so cool. Too bad they may not let people like me in the exhibit, though....

4:32 PM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! I love the carved peppers! Very creative! It's fun to see the family in blonde! Take care!

8:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good laugh, thanks. I see you did not follow all the rules!
Lisa

10:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home