
On Wednesday night we get an email from Asa's preschool teacher. It announces that on Friday there will be a Fruit Party! You need to make a fruit headdress (toushi) and come to enjoy! So we made the below hat and story to follow.

Teacher- Beyond the power of the Banana....

Other kids enjoying the fun. I loved the pineapple hat!

Nice Grandpa guy who actually talked to me! Everybody is really nice there- but often do not want/care to talk to me. But he was 1,000 questions and so nice.
I was really enjoying talking to the Grandpa guy and eating oranges with Asa that I did not figure out until the end we were not suppose to eat the fruit but use it to make a craft! The teacher came around to get our craft (we are still eating oranges) and reminded us to USE the fruit to create! My very quick rat apple thing is below! We ate the other half of the apple! Notice the lattice work on the other one!


Went upstairs to take a picture of Asa's bed for nap time. Name plate says his Chinese name. No one calls him Asa- kind of strange but it works!

I guess Miriam's class went around and made signs for all the trees at preschool today. This is the tree she and a friend tagged

Small playhouse at school.

After fruit fun we went to our fruit seller. Our fruit man wanted to strike a pose for us!

Our popcorn lady. She makes some awesome kettle corn! Sweet and so yummy! A bag will set you back 4 mao- which is so cheap!
So ends our week! Please see below if you have not already for our contest!
A BIG Happy Birthday to my Dad! He hits the big 60 today. He is a great example to his whole family how to love and live. We love you Papa!!!
6 Comments:
Your adventures crack me up! I love the eating verses creating story. Good recovery! Your kids are so cute!
11:27 PM
You get popcorn for 4 mao!! She must really like your kids. Even with my local friends we can't get it that cheap! Love the fruit seller picture. Glad you are making friends with your outdoor neighbors.
Lisa
11:51 PM
Your fruit rat makes me think of the peanut butter rats we made at Chinese New Years--so very fun! Missing you all!
Aimee
12:05 PM
That pineapple hat is great and those fruit crafts look amazing!
11:37 AM
I think people eat while they cook so why not eat while you craft!
8:24 AM
I am so excited to leave comments now!! Have tried before and never tried the "anonymous" way. This is great!! I loved the fruit guy. He loves his job, and you! Keep up the blogs, we loved to read them and see the pictures. Maybe you can have the friendly Grandpa at preschool over for t-giving. Miss you!! MM, Waupun, WI
4:12 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home