Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Monday, May 05, 2008

May Holiday Fun

I will start backwards, as I loaded the pictures that way! Today I bought at our local store badmitton rackets for both kids. Miriam's home school co-op is starting a badmitton unit so I thought it would be good to practice at home too. If you want a good laugh give a racket to a 2.5 year old boy- it becomes a sword! Watch out!
I love this shot- bottom out, tongue out- baby brother in the way! By the end of the afternoon she was getting how to serve the birdie!

Thursday through Saturday was a National Holiday here - May Holiday- like Labor Day in the states. We went to a local park for some water fun. Here is Joab and the kids inside a huge water wheel. The idea was the run in it (like a mouse) to turn it and go around the pond. They did not get very far- but had a lot of fun.


Side shot of the wheel. Joab would turn the wheel and then the kids would tumble around inside- we had the whole shore line laughing at them!




I made cinnamon rolls to celebrate the days off. Tasted almost like my Mom's- which is a real feat! I made extra to give to some neighbors and I think they liked them too.
Side note- from the Holiday-
Emily- "Miriam how do you feel that Rosabella died?"
Miriam- " I am a little sad"
See previous post for more on Rosabella....



9 Comments:

Blogger Smith Family said...

dang it...i am behind on blogging...if i miss a meyer post, then i miss a fun adventure or humorous story! i love reading about your life over in china...

i am totally giggling about the rosabella story!!!!!

10:57 PM

 
Blogger Dave and Becky said...

how sad.. poor Rosabella. Are you SURE you aren't going to get talked into a rabbit?!? Oh, that Miriam! What a cutie. I love the badminton shots too! Happy Cinco de Maio over in China!!!

3:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to Rosabella? I thought if she survived the bus, she was going to last through your whole China adventure! Badminton in the house--love it! The kids are so cute!
Aimee

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Holly said...

I'm sure Sophie would be very happy to consult with Asa! She is even surpassing her big sister's abilities and we can't believe our eyes. She now wants to sit on the big toilet and doesn't even need the little potty anymore. Yesterday I caught her sitting on the toilet, pants around her ankles and a stool under her, doing her thing. Then when she's done, she wipes, flushes, and even tries to use the toilet brush! Yikes! The scary thing is that she doesn't even tell me when she has to go... she just goes in there and does her thing, like its routine. If I hear someone in the bathroom, I start running in there because it doesn't always go as smoothly as she thinks it does (toilet brush water all over the place). But for 18 months old, I can't complain. On the other hand, Malia at 3 1/2 still has accidents and refuses to sit on the big toilet. They are all so different, aren't they?

4:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I found your blog off of Kristie's. I can't belive you're in China! That's so much fun :-) We're in southern Cali, which isn't as exciting as China could be on a dull day. I just wanted to warn you that rabbits live a LONG time; like over 100 times longer than Rosabella lived. Poor fish. Oh well. Email me and I'll send you an invite to our blog. It's fun to see where you are now. Can you believe Amsterdam was almost eight years ago? Crazy! OK, hope to talk to you soon!

4:20 AM

 
Blogger Leyna said...

oops. I think my email is attached to this now. My daughter's name is Leyna and she has a blog, but my email's attached. I hope this makes sense.

4:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, sorry emily, I'm a bit new to this. Here's my email katrinadevine@gmail.com I'd email you, but I couldn't find an address for you. I hope you have an exciting day!

4:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny - we have the same heart-princess plate! I think Miriam and our girls would love to play together right now! Sarah and Anna love princesses!
-daveb

5:51 PM

 
Blogger Trey, Kristina, Hans & Annika said...

maybe your water was too clean for rosabella

5:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home