Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Monday, April 07, 2008

A Date Walking

Joab now works for the latest company in the world! I guess Forbes came out with the largest companies in the world this month and HSBC is at the top of the list!

HSBC had their annual banquet this weekend. Spouses were not invited but due to an extra ticket in their department I was able to come! I have been getting faster and faster without crutches I decided to leave them at the door. It was fun to just walk - very slow!

After a 10+ course meal, entertainment (fire eating men, acrobats, cheerleaders, lots of 80s pop music) and prizes (we did not win any) we headed home.

Our good friend Elizabeth is here visiting and we are having a blast with her! At the banquet last night we were so thankful as a year ago we had little job leads and we looking at graduating without a job (which we did). We are SO very thankful for work and a life now here in China.

1 Comments:

Blogger Smith Family said...

WOW...the largest company, eh? that's SWEET! good to hear that you are up and walking...you two look fab! loves from michigan!

11:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home