Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Amazing Love

Last night was pretty hard. I was so sick from the pain meds I cried all the way through eating my toast for dinner. I was sick and tired of not getting out of bed, Joab having to do everything and not seeing my kids off to school.

I prayed last night "God please send some people to encourage me"

I just want to share with you how His love reached out to me today:

9:30 AM- My friend Rebecca stopped by with flowers, card and cinnamon roll. I ate the whole thing! It tasted so good. It is the first thing that has tasted good in a week.

10:00 AM - I need to take my pain meds. But realize my ankle does not really hurt! So I did not take them

11:00 AM- I text three friends to thank them for their recent visits and meals. Receive heart warming messages back from them.

2:00 PM- Phone rings but it is in another room and I can not answer it

2:30 PM- Phone rings again! So mad I can not get up to answer it

3:00PM- Cell phone rings and I almost do not answer it as I am really tired. It is Vicky who lives close by. I have never met her but she felt bad I was so hurt. So she came over and had a cup of tea and prayed for me. She is also going to let some other ladies know I am hurt and she is going to bring a meal(s) over

4:00 PM- Cell phone rings with another number I do not know. Vicky is still over and I feel bad answering the phone. Vicky says "Answer it and I will show myself out". I tell Vicky thanks and pick up the cell phone. It is my dear friend Yoko from Japan. She has been trying to call me all day! (See phone calls at 2 and 2:30!)

I met Yoko on my first and only day at college to learn Chinese. Yoko says my whole class is worried about me. Yoko tells me that she is the class President (not really sure what this means) but it is her job to come to my house once a week and help me keep up with my studies! So, Yoko will be over on Monday!

5:00 PM- Kids come home from school with hugs and happy hearts. Mei is speaking so much Chinese to our house helper (Ayi)! It is amazing. I told her "Mei go tell the Ayi I need to talk to her" thinking she would just take the Ayi's hand and drag her over to me. Oh no! Mei just yells out in Chinese what I just said!

6:00 PM - Our dear friend Steve is in town on business from Beijing. He is an amazing man with an amazing family (ten kids all home schooled is just a start....). I sat him down on a stool in my bedroom while Joab got the kids ready for bed. It was just great to talk to a wonderful man with a wonderful heart for China.

7:30 PM- Kids in bed Steve and Joab go out for Korean BBQ.

8:55 PM- Cell phone rings. It is Ms. Deb one of the leaders for Sunday School. Telling me she is leaving a gift basket outside my door. She does not want me to get up but just to know all the Sunday School teachers are thinking about me.

Does God answer prayer?

Is he somehow showing me his Amazing Love through all of this?

Through tears I say yes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Em - God is amazing. Thank you for sharing with us!! You are such a blessing to me - even though we are so far away. I am praying for you through this broken ankle time!!!

10:45 PM

 
Blogger Jean Smith said...

i ditto kristie...you are a blessing to anyone who comes in contact with you. of course God is watching over you...and we love you...even if it is from far away. um, why am i sitting here with a tear rolling down my cheek...probably because you are inspiring, and because i feel so sorry for you, and because of your wonderful story you just told...

11:23 PM

 
Blogger Holly said...

Em- I'm so sorry about your ankle. I think one of my worst fears is something like this. You've taken it all in stride and so beautifully. I know you will heal quickly. I'll be thinking about you!

11:31 PM

 
Blogger Brett and Meredith said...

Em--you are so amazing, and yes, I agree that God does hear each of us and answers our prayers in very personal, real ways. What a wonderful record of a beautiful day.

12:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home