Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Friday, February 15, 2008

Back to the Books

Well starting a week from today I will be hitting the books again. After looking at a lot of different options Joab and I decided that a local Chinese college - East China Normal University- would be the best place to continue studying Chinese. I attended a college in Beijing and really loved it so I am excited to get back at it! I will go Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the morning while the kids are at preschool.

Last weekend we bought an electric bike so that my commute with the kids to preschool and then to college would be quicker. Also with the weather soon to become very hot and Asa not getting any smaller it was getting harder and harder to bike with two kids! This bike has a huge battery you recharge and then are able to go about 50 Km! You can also peddle so it makes it a really good option for getting up steep hills.

Now that we have two bikes (my old one) we are able to go on biking adventures again. Our first one was to my college and see where I needed to register next week.

The above picture is a huge stature of Mao in the middle of campus.


As we biked around and had races on which bike would go the fastest (electric) Joab was telling the kids about how great it was Mommy was going to go to school. Miriam of course was all ears and asking many questions.

She then looked over at me and said "Mom, You ROCK".

Priceless.


Here again is my global banker. I love this MAN!

We were able to go on a date this past week (thank you Ryan and Aimee!!!!). We went to a Shanghai history museum. This lion is from the orginal HSBC building!

3 Comments:

Blogger K and G McNabb said...

Nice ride, Em! I'm sure you'll be in for quite the workout getting around to school and getting the kids. Just don't use the electric part too much ;)

Things are nice around here with all of the relatives visiting. McMom's still in a precarious state of health; we'll see how she does. Thanks again for your prayers.

Have fun at school :)

Love, Krissy and Geo

2:45 PM

 
Blogger Smith Family said...

Em, you DO rock! Good luck with school...can't wait to hear how it goes! Wow, you are so lucky...to upgrade to an electric bike...I never even got a normal bike when I was there!

4:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The electric bike sounds great! Maybe you'll have to get one of those tow-behind child bikes pretty soon for Miriam when she is ready to ride behind, but still needs the support of your bike. ;-)

We prayed for you at Evensong last night! We hope you're building lots of good friendships and continuing to settle into life in Shanghai!

Blessings,
The Teichroew's

7:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home