Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Our week in Review

Miriam Joy Harriett Meyer turned five years old this week! I love this picture from the Great Wall of China this summer. Here she is! Ready to take on the world. Miriam is a joy and we were so happy to celebrate all week with her!


Today (Jan 1st) we had some friends over for chicken noodle soup and rice crispy bars! They had a blast.


On Miriam's Bday (Dec 28th) we had some Chinese friends over for cake and games. We also had our French friends Anna and Phillip over, the above is their son asleep on Anna'a back. He is so cute!



Here is the gang!



We played some games, the famous pin the eyes and nose on the pig. It was a big hit! Here is our friends little boy putting the eyes on.







Miriam got a mat with the hop scotch game. This is her teaching our babysitter (Ms. Yao) hop scotch in Chinese! I could not believe it! She did a wonderful job!




On Friday Miriam's school they had a "show". If you have seen the movie "Little Miss Sunshine" you will know what I felt like. I really had no idea what to expect! It turned out to be basically a fashion show of costumes. Here was one of my favorite this boy is wearing a shield made out of Mc Donald's green bean pie boxes.




Snowman guy has a gun.





This is a little bride she is so cute.








Santa Claus came to town.







Firecracker Boy





Miriam and her escort at the "show". I think the boy thinks he has hit the jackpot.


3 Comments:

Blogger K and G McNabb said...

This week went by too fast. Miriam: Happy Birthday!

I love the green bean pie boxes (my favorite).

Happy New Year to you all. God Bless!

2:57 PM

 
Blogger alan and steph said...

Happy Birthday Miriam! Love the new photos. where can I get one of those awesome costumes? :)

Happy New year!

12:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miriam looks like a beauty queen! The pictures are all so great! I liked Santa's beard-- I am impressed by the creativity of all of the parents. :) Way to go, Em!

Aimee

10:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home