Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My kids this week

Two funny things my kids have said in the last couple days

Asa:

I made a pretty good meal (I thought) of pork chops and mashed potatoes for dinner last night. I do not have a potato masher so I had to use a soup ladle! I was feeling pretty good about myself putting on an "American dinner" for my family. I got butter and salt on Asa's food and presented it to him. He looked at it, then looked at me and said

"I want rice"

I guess this is what I get putting him into Chinese preschool!

Miriam:

Today we got the elevator with a non-Chinese looking man. I asked him where is was from and where he lived. He was from Turkey and lives in our apartment building.

We got off the elevator and Miriam says "That is great he is from Chicken."

I could not stop laughing! She had no idea what she had said, turkey, chicken what is the difference?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ja ja ja jajaja jaja jaja jaja jaja Super!!!!

Martha!!!!

9:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily.

You are correct "Kids say" will keep you in stitches.

Hug the children for me

Peace

McMom

4:56 PM

 
Blogger Trey, Kristina, Hans & Annika said...

I was laughing so much, Trey wanted to know what was up, and after I told him the story, he ended up copying it to his own blog! We miss you and love you guys!!!

5:07 PM

 
Blogger Jean Smith said...

Seriously...i love these posts about the funny things your kids say...i laughed at M and A's comments! Love you guys!

6:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home