Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What happens when you run into a parade

What do you do when you turn the corner in your apartment building and see the above? You join in!
A parade complete with dressed up communist officials!

I guess this was a community parade to celebrate Chinese New Year. I was given this cute yellow hat and Mei got a Chinese flag.


then Joab joined the fun. It was a good time....



8 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

those costumes are hilarious! Totally awesome.

We miss you guys.

1:39 AM

 
Blogger Kim Harms said...

Dude, if I turned the corner and saw those guys (or girls) dressed up in uniforms and masks I would have to bust those comi pinkos right in the chops.

11:31 AM

 
Blogger Kristie said...

Em - I love your adventures!! So funny!!

11:33 AM

 
Blogger Kim Harms said...

Just to clarify...it was not "Kim" Harms who left the above comment!

11:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, I tune in for the comments page!!! Hugs from LA (Mom T)

5:08 AM

 
Blogger Brett and Meredith said...

Oh, China, how we love thee. What a blast--always an adventure around every corner!

6:37 AM

 
Blogger laura ann said...

thanks for making me smile today, from ear to ear!

5:42 AM

 
Blogger Jean Smith said...

ha ha...that's so funny! wish i could see chinese new year in person...

2:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home