Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random pics

Okay- wanted to share some more photos. The above two fruits were both on sale this week! The white apple looking one is called an Asian pear. Looks like an apple and Mei says it tastes like celery! The rest of us love them and I think they taste like pear. the pink fruit is actually more like a kiwi with white flesh and black seeds inside.
Joab has taught Mei is catch cabs for us. You put your hand down and wave in to call them- she is actually pretty good!

The best roommate/world traveler ever! Our dear friend Krissy with the first meal at our place. We made Green Thai Curry.



We did not have enough bowls to go around (had not been shopping yet). So Joab and I used the fruit bowl. How romantic....


If it has soy sauce on it....Asa will eat it!




We decided to use large plastic Rubbermaid containers as luggage this time. We had six of these bins and one suitcase. The bins made it here in one piece, even after multiple TSA inspections.


Also see below post for more pics! I am off now to get kids at preschool...Em


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em, What great pictures. Keep them for the children and their memories of the move to China. Some of the sharing moments will be the best.

Both you and Joab look great and the children look like they have grown since they left Glendale.

Hugs to the children.

McMom

6:40 PM

 
Blogger Smith Family said...

We never dared try those crazy red fruits. I am obsessed with your life in China...it will be so much fun to read all of your updates. How many times can I tell you that I wish I could go back to China!!!

12:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

The red and green fruit's name is: PITAYA (AKA "Dragon Fruit").

See the following for more info:
http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/dragon_fruit.htm

~Jonathan T. ;-)

5:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home