Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Thursday, June 07, 2007

June Update-What in the World are the Meyer Doing?

ASA
Hi! I am 20 months old now and officially a toddler. Playing with cars, animals, trucks are my main jobs right now. I love to explore new things, destroy all the lovely things my sister makes and make people laugh. I can say two sentence words like : That's Mommy, Go outside, Big Car! and It's MINE.

I love all things with buttons and am learning to like our pool in the backyard. But for now I would rather run around the rim of the Mom while my Mom has a heart attack thinking I am going to fall in at any second.

I think we should stay in AZ, as this is where I was born. But really, if there are cars to play with and ladies to flirt with at the grocery store I will be okay.






MIRIAM
Hi- I am almost 4 1/2. I told my Mom tonight at bedtime that I was a grown up now, because I can brush my teeth all by myself. I am loving learning how to read, write and anything about Hawaii. That's right, I love Hawaii, I hope to go there someday soon.
I really love my roommates, especially when they allow me to help them in the kitchen. Geo and Krissy are back from India and boy are they fun!! Krissy and I play tea parties on the back deck and Geo loves to play with Asa and me.
I love life, from dancing to eating to playing with other kids. God has given me a big heart to love others.
I think I want a bunk bed, for my new sister I want from China. I hope someday I get a sister from China. Then I can stop sleeping with Asa and sleep with her. Mom says I need to pray about this- and I will.



Asa and Miriam have slept in the same room since we got back from China. The other night I went to check on them and found the above photo! I guess they are getting along pretty well to want to sleep together!
Sometimes in your life things happen way too quick. Sometimes things happen way too slow. Sometimes things happen too slow and too quick all at the same time--this is our life right now. We "thought" we would graduate, move on, get the heck out of the desert and into a place way more green. Well, the job search is going on, but getting that perfect full time job is happening a bit slower than we would like At the same time, our kids are growing up way too fast!
The good news is that God always provides. And this time He has provided two perfect part time jobs while Joab looks for the perfect full time one. He will keep working for his professor on campus about 10 hours and week and 20 hours a week he will work for a new company based out of Scottsdale, AZ. We are so thankful and trying to learn all we can while we wait here in the desert.
Thank you for all your love and support! We need it right now more than you know. Thanks







2 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

We miss you guys! Those pictures are absolutely darling, especially the one of them sound asleep together. :)

1:43 PM

 
Blogger Smith Family said...

Hi Em! You have always been an inspiration to me! No matter where you are in the world or what is going on your life, you are so positive and happy about life! WHAT???? Are you guys going to adopt from China? Did you forget to mention this tiny bit of information to me???

2:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home