Salome Grace Elaine - 12/23
She also has red hair!!! So excited about that!!! She also slept all day!!! I hope that means she will sleep tonight too.
This little girl we have waited a long time to meet. And could not be more thankful for her in our lives!
About the name:
Salome (SAL- LOW- MAY) Meaning- Peaceful
Mark 15:40-41 Some women were watching form a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome. In Galilee these women had followed him and cared for his needs. Many other women who had come up with him to Jerusalem were also there.
Salome is Greek, but probably from the Hebrew word for Peace (Shalom). We pray that this little girl will be filled with the peace only God can give.
Grace- John 1:6- From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
Elaine- Elaine Tweedy is my Grandmother. She turns 80 this year! We wanted Salome to have this name to remember this wonderful woman in her life.


19 Comments:
Congrats, Emily! She is absolutely beautiful. I thought of you as I was going to bed and said a quick prayer- she was born around that time, I think. Great name, too. There was a Salome at Luther. A very Merry Christmas to you all. Love, Sarah
10:14 PM
OOH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! She's so beautiful!
11:16 PM
She is just beautiful!! What a wonderful holiday gift for you and your whole family. A blessing to be sure.
11:30 PM
Congratulations, Emily! What a wonderful blessing from God in time for Christmas.
12:07 AM
Tears, plenty of happy tears are flowing for your family right now! The LORD has honored your patience with this precious blessing from above. She is as lovely as the name she was given. I am overwhelmed with the faithfulness of our God to you in her conception, her prebirth growth and her delivery. May God be PRAISED! Congratulations dear friends.
The Staebells
12:45 AM
I'm so proud of you Em. What a great Mom! She's a beautiful little one.
1:18 AM
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to meet her! Miriam looks so proud and happy! Wendy says she can't wait to meet Salome too :). Merry Christmas!
1:28 AM
She is sooo beautiful!!!! Wish I could hold her! congratulations and Merry Christmas!
2:56 AM
Congratulations, Meyers! So excited for you to finally meet and welcome Salome Grace Elaine into your precious family. She is indeed beautiful. Love you all, Gwen (for our clan)
3:27 AM
Congratulations, to all of you! She is gorgeous and so is her name. So glad all went well!!
3:36 AM
I love her! What a beautiful baby. Congratulations to you all...I was thinking about you this morning and thought I needed to check your blog. So happy for the Meyer family!!
5:15 AM
So happy for you and your family. She's beautiful. She's a blessed little girl to be born into such a wonderful and loving family. God is good. Love from Dave and Cheri.
7:00 AM
Congratulations!! What a cute little baby girl. It is so much fun having a baby in the house. I'm sure she will get lots and lots of lovin from her big sis and big brother.
7:25 AM
She is perfect as pie! :) Congrats!
10:14 AM
Congratulations! She is adorable! Keep the pictures coming. Merry Christmas!
Jim, Jennifer and Madison
10:03 PM
Congratulation! Salome is gorgeous. We can't wait for that hat to come off so we can see the red hair!!
Love,
Alan and Barb
6:43 AM
Congratulations Meyer family! What a wonderful Christmas gift indeed! Lover her name!
Blessings to you all from Seattle.
Nathan, Joy and Beni Hawkins
8:29 AM
Beautiful baby. Congrats. Love the name you picked.
John and Mary Lou
4:37 AM
Congratulations!!! Beautiful girl and a beautiful name.
11:28 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home