Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Monday, October 12, 2009

The Zoo and Iowa

Me to Asa:
"So Asa- your Bday is this week- I am so excited to have a party!"
Asa to me:
"No thanks Mom, I want to go to a Museum"

Unlike Miriam, who has been planning her Bday party for the last year (no joke) Asa does not care! So the Museum he chose was the Shanghai Zoo! Easier for me for sure!

Above is the fun (and so stinky!) Elephant show we went to.

The Panda wishing him a great Bday! Happy 4th Asa!!

Miriam took the time to pick out the perfect necklace for the zoo.


Seriously, the smell at the elephant show was too much for me! Also wanted to say thanks to this Bday boy- Joab! He and Asa's Bday are only 5 days apart! The next day after the zoo I headed to Iowa to see my family while Joab was SUPER Mom and Dad! I had a great time- below are some highlights (more pics on my Facebook account as well-time to get your Facebook accounts set up!!!).

We surprised my Mom and took her to get a Pedicure at Walmart! It was so fun! And a really good Pedi!

Here is my crazy brother who was kind enough to include me on the fun of his recent engagement to girlfriend Shannon! We love Shannon and can't wait for the wedding this summer!

Oh Iowa- Oh the Midwest. I miss you already. Your skies, your tap water, your grocery stores, your beauty. But what I miss the most is my great family- love you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Loving it! Thanks for coming down!

5:24 AM

 
Blogger Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Asa is too funny! Wow is he four already! I am glad that you were able to visit your family. It is funny the small things you miss being away.
Maddy

10:43 AM

 
Blogger Prentice Family said...

I can't believe Louie is old enough to get married!!! I guess that makes me REALLY old! ;-) -Love, Chubby Mama in SLP

11:00 AM

 
Blogger Carrie said...

Em. i went to the circus when i was pregnant with Dinah and i concur that the elephant smell is UNBEARABLE to a pregnant woman. Augustine had an elephant ride and all i could do was think about getting him home and in the tub! can't wait to see the new baby!

carrie vance

10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home