Thailand
Above is Mei with her friends at a little show all the kids at the resort did for us on the last night.
We took a day and went to an Elephant show. Actually it was: elephant show, elephant ride, lunch, ox cart ride, river raft trip, snake show and then orchid farm! It was a long day but very fun. Above are the elephants 'playing' soccer.
Our guide got off to take this picture and have a smoke. So we were left to guide the elephant! He was pretty happy we had bought some bananas on the way and was more than happy to throw his trunk up and pick one up!
It is pretty amazing to see a huge trunk come right up to you! Their trunks are HUGE.
We got off the elephants to a very bumpy ox cart. It was fun to tell the kids this is how the American Pioneers got out west! We were sure thankful for cars and planes now!
What do you do when it is nap time on a river raft in the middle of Thailand? Give your three year old his blanket so he can suck his thumb wearing a bamboo hat....
All of us on the raft. It was made of bamboo poles tied together with car tires on the bottom to help it float.
Mei took her turn at navigation.
I just love orchids. Someday I hope to grow some myself!
We had a wonderful guest house at the resort. The upstairs was one big room with three beds.
A bit strange was the bathroom right smack in the middle of the room!
Then steps down to the first floor. Where there was a little kitchen and living room. It was a perfect size for us!
It was hot there! Like in the 80s! So we drank a lot! Here is Joab with a nice iced tea- to the left a huge freshly squeezed OJ for Asa!
If you know Mei- you know she LOVES Sprite! And Thailand was no exception. And Sprite is always more fun in a glass bottle!


10 Comments:
Looks like such a fun trip, Em! I love your updates!
1:59 PM
Lovely pics. I miss you guys. We will definately have to save our pennies:)
Dina
2:47 PM
Thanks for the picture update. I love the toilet idea, easy access in every direction! They also have those little fruits here, during the winter, I think. I am glad you were able to thaw in Thailand.
Lisa
5:26 PM
I think the lady next to you and Mai,watching the elephants, says a lot!
5:28 PM
What a great trip, Em!
10:55 PM
wow, thailand seriously looks amazing! that is yet another of our destinations we REALLY want to make it to. looks like you guys had sooooooo much fun!
12:37 AM
How FUN to see these pictures! Love it, Em. We will have to save our pennies...but I am not sure when we will get to travel like that again!
1:47 AM
Hey Em, Out of all the fruits in Colombia, guess what my favorite is? Mangostino. An ocean away and we found the same favorite fruit. That's awesome. Anyhow, Martha and I a very happy that you guys had such a great time in Thailand.
love,
david and martha.
11:07 AM
I loved reading about your trip to Thailand. I was in Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai about 10 years ago... such a beatiful place with amazing people. Sounds like a wonderful family trip!
-Janelle Wenzel
4:07 AM
Great pictures! So glad you had a family get away--it looks so beautiful, fun, and relaxing--what a combo! Love to you all!
Aimee
8:39 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home