
This month we were able to go to the Shanghai Zoo! Our dear neighbors invited us to go for the day there. Never have see dogs on display as zoo animals....it was interesting to say the least.

Here is someone bringing his pet (in pet backpack) to see where he came from? Not really sure . Most animals seemed to be pretty happy at the zoo. And the kids had a blast.

Asa got a scooter and scooted all over the place!

Asa as Tiger.

Don't feed the monkeys sign. In Chinese zoos (or all those I have been to) people bring food to feed the animals. It can be pretty funny to see what they are eating! But the monkeys we saw were just happy with bananas.

Our friends

Mei and Bonnie. Bonnie and family live on our floor. We get to play together all the time!

Now to preschool. This is the top bunk where Mei takes her nap everyday.

Asa with his class. He has not too happy as he wanted to sit with us. But needed to sit with his class.

Asa's class singing. Notice Asa is not there. He was there but at the end of the row. They were so cute! I love Chinese kids!

Asa finally happy!!! We are getting ready to leave!
We now have three weeks of vacation! As the Chinese big mid term break is Chinese New Year (it is the year of the cow) not Christmas as in the states. This week we are home and then we are heading to Thailand for two weeks. It will be our first 'real' vacation in over three years. We are more than excited!!!
Until then, out with the rat (2008) and in with the cow (2009)! Enjoy!
10 Comments:
Hello from Eva! What a wonderful way to stay in touch - love the sharing particularly the photos as I miss seeing you every Sunday :o)
Have a great time in Thailand! Look forward to your pictures and stories. I'll be spending Chinese New Year in Hong Kong with my parents, younger sister and younger brother - visits to relatives, lots of food, and red envelopes (I can still collect them as I am single; once married, I need to give them out!)
Talk to you again soon. Big hugs :o)
12:10 AM
Have a wonderful trip, Emily. What fantastic momenta you are having with your family!
3:18 AM
Fun to read your update! Have fun in Thailand...can't wait to see your pictures!
5:50 AM
I am still laughing about the dog in the backpack and your comment on that. hahaha!!!
9:37 AM
Thailand!? I'm jealous! We're still looking for jobs in China if you ever hear of any! :)
4:49 AM
Enjoy the vaca!! Thanks for the pics!
11:04 AM
Have an amazing time in Thailand!!
I love the pictures of the dogs in the zoo...I sent them to my sister!
6:27 AM
The last time I was at the Shanghai zoo they had the dogs in cages. I guess with the big fad of dogs as pets they gave them a better home. I still think it is one of the funniest things to have at the zoo. I thought the zoo was for wild animals.
Lisa
9:14 AM
So glad you get to get away from the fireworks and enjoy some quality time together in Thailand! Have a wonderful time! Aimee
2:35 AM
That a fun time! You have a very cute tiger!
9:53 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home