Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Thursday, June 12, 2008

5 kids for 2 days!

We were able to watch some WONDERFUL children this past weekend. Our friends the Wards were able to get away for the weekend so we got to play with the kids all weekend. We started off with a pizza party on the floor!
Joab and I at the party. Also Happy Father's Day. My Mom told me I would fall in love with Joab all over again when we had kids- she was so right! I love you Joab. You are the best Daddy. I mean that.


On Saturday we headed to a nearby park. There were TONS of wedding couples out getting pictures on old cars scattered around the park. Our friend told us you actually get pictures before you are married and put them on the wedding invitation. Also the wedding clothes are usually rented. Most women had jeans and sandals on under their big dresses!


The girls at the lake. They had a blast together.



The whole gang.



Joab with the boys on the boat (I took the girls). I would look back and the two boys were like two monkeys on the boat! Notice Asa is holding the life jacket not wearing it!






The best part of a day in the park- naps! The boys were toast after.







Saturday night - bedtime. Bonnie our next door neighbor girl came over to play- Joab did a great job of reading the books to the kids in English and Chinese.
Actually five kids were not that bad. They played really well together. Just a lot to clean up! We love these guys and hope to do it again!
Happy Father's Day to you all out there! Em





6 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

emily! how fun. I love having extra kids around. always makes me want to have a big family. I remember the ward's kids... they are so sweet! - and you're looking TAN! :) i love it. Its been coldhere so far, so no tan for me yet. :)
miss you! gina

5:23 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

it makes a lot of sense to rent your wedding clothes. How many females across the globe have only wore their $3,000 wedding dress once and left it in a closet? How much did your cost Em? That Chinese couple did look smooth on top of that car though.

6:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not get my password to work so I am just going to publish anonymously! I love the fact that you guys are both such good parents. It makes my heart happy! Love, Christy Grandma

10:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say you are beautiful, Em! The pics make me sad... wish we could be part of that fun party. Love to you all!

Aimee

9:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Miriam, I hope you are having fun today. I hope you are sleeping well and that you are having fun without me being there and that you had fun with J, A, and D. W.. I miss you and I miss playing with you. Please tell J, A and D I miss them too, and Asa too. I love you and I miss you. Asa is one of Elijah's good friends. Love, Anna I hope we see each other again and that we could have fun with each other again. I'm missing you and I wish I could give you and Asa big hugs and kisses.

9:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case it wasn't obvious, the above comment is from Anna B. We enjoyed looking at the pics together. She said she wished she was there for the party too. :(
Love to you all
Aimee

9:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home