Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My New Ankle

I never thought a new ankle would feel so good! Went in for surgery today. The Doctor took one look at my x-ray and said "WOW, what in the world happened?". The question was not if surgery was needed or not-but how many pins to put in.

After six pins one plate and a soft cast I am now back at home. Thankfully I went to a clinic where this surgery was out patient.

I will post a picture soon of new (and improved) ankle.

Thank you for your prayers and emails.

2 Comments:

Blogger laura ann said...

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

1:51 AM

 
Blogger chinaowensfam@gmail.com said...

Oh my goodness, Emily! I did almost the exact same thing a few years back. I saw the boys fighting through the window and ran up the steps too fast and slipped...and landed on my ankle! Totally ripped the tendon (or whatever it is that connects the ankle to the foot) so my ankle was basically hanging there! I also broke the bone in 2 places. Pain was worse than childbirth!!!!! I almost passed out. I was so grateful for BJU! One look at the x-ray and they called the surgeon in during the middle of the night to repair it. 12 screws and a plate later my foot was all back together. What an experience! One I hope to never repeat.

We are praying for your quick recovery!

7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home