My first Broken Bone
On Sunday afternoon I slipped on some very old wooden steps at church. Because I had Asa in my arms I fell forward and when I tried to catch myself with my left foot my ankle twisted and I landed on my ankle. Next to childbirth I have never been in this much pain.
Long story short I have two fractures in my fibia and tibia. I need surgery (to put in pins) sometime this week. Right now I am home in a soft cast waiting for the swelling to go down and Joab and other friends are working on finding the best foot bone Doctor in Shanghai!
Friends here have surronded us to offer childcare, help etc. We are humbled and grateful. Please pray we could get the surgery done quickly and with a great Doctor.
Thanks! Em


4 Comments:
Em - I am so sorry! I wish I could help!!!
12:37 AM
'the most pain next to childbirth' - that said it all!! so so sorry. will be praying for a fantastic doctor and quick recovery, and patient kiddos .. wish I was there with you ..
1:09 PM
oh my GOSH...i am so sorry! i can't believe you broke your leg! well, on the bright side, at least you have figured out how the medical system works in china (hopefully you won't have to use it often)!
2:05 AM
Keeping you in our prayers.
Your Pennsylvania friends
10:19 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home