Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Thursday, October 04, 2007

The two year old with 12 names


HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY ASA!!!!!

A new friend we met here in China heard me call Asa "doodle" and asked if that was his nickname. I said well one of them! I had not thought about it before but Asa has more nicknames than anyone in our family! They include:
Ace
Acer
Asa-Base
Baser
Doodle
Noodle
Doodle-Doodle
Monkey Funk
King of the Monkey Monk
Hong Wei (his Chinese name)
Xiao Di (little brother in Chinese)
That is a lot of names! My Mom told me once " A child with a thousand names is well loved" This is true with our little Acer! He had a great Bday and here are some pics to prove it.

A great Richard Scarry book I found at our local Chinese bookstore. The names for all the pics are in Chinese and English. I think Mei liked it more than Asa....


Cake- he liked playing with it but not really eating it.


Trying to get him to put two fingers up to say he is two!



A present Mei got from my Gma Tweedy! Thanks Grandma for the great package!!! What a treat!!!




Asa loves cars. And this summer I collected a bunch I found at garage sales. My Mom and Dad also gave him some too; he loved them all!





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Asa! and "hello" to the rest of the family.

Pictures don't lie and so Asa had a wonderful day and Mei had fun, too. It is good to include a picture of the whole family in your group of photos, thank you, Em.

We are still in our three weeks of fall, so the weather is good and the Diamondbacks beat the Cubs in the first game of the playoffs.

Since Sabrina returned to Germany, via Sydney and San Francisco I have rarely seen Pooja or Krissy. Maybe today, as Geo comes back today or rather last night to work here today.

Hug the children for me.

Peace

McMom

1:08 AM

 
Blogger K and G McNabb said...

Wish I could have been there to celebrate! Thanks for the great blog updates!

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home