Yesterday we packed up the kids and went to the biggest park in Shanghai with some other friends. Actually I (Em) had never met these friends before, but I was so glad to meet all of them. There were four families and in total 15 children! After the park we went to Burger King for dinner-pinch me, am I in China???


The water log ride I did with Mei and her new little friend
Jalynn. No seat belts on this ride, I was the seat belt by holding on to both kiddos!
I think I was more revealed that no one fell out of the boat! Mei exclaimed after the ride "my tummy is hurting and my heart is breaking". I think what she hoped to say is that she had a good time and got a bit scared.

Many couples were out in the park with wedding clothes on. It seems the beautiful park made a great backdrop for photos. Mei saw this couple and said "Mom, Belle is in the bushes" as the lady was wearing a yellow dress as did Belle in Beauty and the Beast. So, the photo guy climbed up the light pole to get the best shot. The photo guy wanted the couple to kiss, so as they are pausing to kiss all of our kids wanted to go through the bushes and see the kissing happening. It was quite the scene!
(to my friend Jean- I can't wait to see you climb a light pole to get a good shot:))

A bridge in the park.

Cotton candy Chinese style- on the back of a bike. I did not buy any, but it looked so good and smelled just like the state fair!
2 Comments:
Joab and Emily,
Hello from Oregon. Chris is talking to Joab right now and I just had to look at your blog. I love your suv picture! how funny. do you have trouble balancing at all? Your new home looks nice. Happy Birthday to Joab on Sunday! Will it be 31, 32?
Cheers from Oregon,
Lynsey
2:11 PM
Hello Em and family,
The pictures look like a trip to six flags and/or Disneyland. Mei looks as if she is having a great time. Bet you made a lot of new friends and a good group to connect with in China.
Hugs to the children for me.
Peace
McMom
1:07 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home