Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Friday, October 19, 2007

My Korean Birthday

Happy Kids---Happy Mommy

I have not quite figured out why people here hold up the "two" when they are getting their photo taken. But this morning Mei just flashed it to me! I guess she is picking this up!
I love this picture. Asa so wants to be like his sister!


My birthday cake-was my own snicker bar! They have had snickers here for sometime, but the smaller ones (think a bit bigger than the fun size). But these are the real deal! And I got my own one!!! (3.3 is about 50 cents)




This is my favorite part of my grocery store. You have to go up this huge ramp (with your cart) on the way to the second floor where the food is. They always have something on sale, today it was Cheetos (and they do not taste like the ones in the USA). Notice Joab's "two" pose.
Last year in Beijing Joab took me to a great Korean BBQ place, so we thought to keep the tradition and go out in Shanghai for some great Korean BBQ!
Thankfully, in the HUGE mall right by our house we found a great place. Here are some pics from there!





Korean BBQ is so great! The meat on the bottom is lamb, you cook the meat and then wrap a piece of lettuce dip it into a great sauce! Bon Appetite!



The orange disks are sweet potatoes, we also ate shrimp.
The food was great and it was wonderful to have a great date!


















4 Comments:

Blogger Jean Smith said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EM! You guys are so dang cute...I miss you!!! I am loving that Miriam is flashing the "two." I giggled when I though about how everyone really DOES do that there!!!

2:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Em!

Do three of you have October birthdays? I would celebrate them all at once. I guess I'm no fun. Sounds like you had fun for your birthday, and gosh, Joab and the children look healthy.

Hug the children for me.

Peace

McMom

8:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Em!!!! So glad you got your Snickers bar... Mer says the cakes over there aren't quite the same! :) Glad you are doing well and so happy. Another year older, but not everyone can celebrate it in China!!!
Miss you guys!
The Sattlers

1:47 PM

 
Blogger K and G McNabb said...

Your kids are too cute. I know you tried to blog about your birthday, but their pictures are great too. Good job with the blog, I hope we can find each other on Skype again soon.

3:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home