A day at Preschool
Today I was able to join Miriam at Preschool! It was family day- a day when parents could join their kids to see what all goes on at preschool. Below are some pictures. The best part (which I could not capture with my camera needed a video camera, sorry) was seeing the outdoor exercises/marching that takes place everyday! The kids all line up and first a military song is played and then other songs which all have movements the kids needed to do. Miriam did so well! She was so cute out there with all the other kids, it really was wonderful to see.

Singing Time! There were songs in Chinese and English. Miriam liked to stand up when she really liked what was going on! Miriam's best friend is Elysa, she is also our neighbor and her Mom is my good friend and her Dad works with Joab! We would not be very happy in Beijing without the love and support we get from this family. We are so thankful for them.
This is the gang of four. All the "foreign kids" areMiriam's best friends at preschool. From left to right- Salinya (Mom is Thai, Dad is German), Harry (from England), and Elysa (Mom is Chinese, Dad is American). Notice how Miriam is holding Elysa's hand, she also told me " Harry has a nice hand too!"
Their "work" for the day was to work on the colors blue and red and the numbers 1-3. I love this picture as it shows how much Miriam is loving what she is hearing!
Lunch was rice with veggies in it. Harry and Miriam refused to eat it. So the teachers went and got "clean" rice as Miriam put it (just plain rice). The conversation at lunch went like this:
Harry- "You know there are giants in this room"
Miriam- "Will you save Elysa and I from the giants"
Harry- "Of course I will! I trust in the Lord."
I then encouraged Harry and Miriam to finish their rice to be big and strong and defeat the giants. Harry just wanted to play, and Miriam opted to get rid of the rice (I ate it) and get some spinach egg soup to drink.
I learned a lot today! I am really proud at how well Miriam is doing there. She does not understand all of what is going on, but seems to engage and want to learn all she can.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home