Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Monday, October 30, 2006

Beihai Park









Hello! We headed to Beihai park on Saturday. It is near the Forbidden City and had a lot of nice places to explore. Exploring was fun, but quite limited with a double stroller. We did find a nice man whose hobby it was to make Chinese characters. He let Miriam play with his huge paint brush and she had a ball. I wish I would of taken a picture of the 50 or so people that surronded us while Miriam was painting! Also I included a picture of Miriam's Chinese name that the man painted for us.

In case you did not know, the Olympics will be in Beijing in 08. This sign you see everywhere and with it cranes which symbolize the amount of new projects that go along with having the Olympic games. A Chinese friend told me this week his company is giving him two weeks off when the Olympics are in town. I guess many companies are doing this to help reduce traffic and therefore polllution during the games. Pollution here has been a bit better now that the fall winds have picked up and blown all the pollution to the west coast! I am thankful to see blue skies more, but wonder now who is now seeing our haze....

Another fun thing about this Beijing 2008 sign is that I could read the Chinese characters too! I felt like a first grader so excited as I read it!! It says, Beijing, Welcomes you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home