Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Getting Colder



Well we finally broke down and had to buy some warmer clothes. It was so hot and humid here this summer I think I thought I was still living in Arizona and not Beiing! Hats, gloves and heavy sweaters are needed in the mornings- and when the sun goes down at night.

Miriam picked out mittens with squeaky frogs and a vest with buttons she can button herself! With no heat here until November 15, I have been trying to bake something for dinner everynight! It helps get the apartment warmer for when we go to bed- but I still have to dress the kids in many layers.

I also figured out how to make hot cocoa from scratch last night, it tasted pretty good! Also have mastered: chicken wings, popcorn, funnel cakes, mac and cheese, onion rings, french fries and chicken noodle soup all prepared in my wok. Gotta love a good wok. Much Love- Em

1 Comments:

Blogger Smith Family said...

It is SO hard to imagine Beijing being cold! I will always remember China to be hot, sweaty, and frizzy hair! It's good to know there are different seasons. By the way, how do you do popcorn in a wok??? You are an amazing chef, Em...

2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home