Hot Dog Heaven


Hello! Asa's new love are those processed, pencil shaped, full of pork goodness know to us as hot dogs. I gave into everything I have know to be true about hot dogs and bought them in an act of "quick meal" desperation one day. Asa took one bite and knew he had fallen in love. His babysitter found out this secret passion and now bring hot dogs sometimes when she comes to watch him!!
Chinese language school started for me (Emily) last week. I go Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:30-11:40 with only one ten minute break! Most days I feel like my head hurts with all the new words I have learned. There are six people in my class: a lady and myself from America, two guys from England and a guy and gal from Norway. It has been interesting to get to know them- we have a blast together. While I am at school Asa enjoys his babysitter and Miriam goes to preschool. It is amazing to see all the new words she is learning too. Joab started a class via the web so once the kids go to bed we study! Since we did not go to college together it sometimes feels like we are back in the undergrad days.
We live on the 17th floor of a 20 floor apartment building. So many people get off the elevator before we reach our floor. Asa now thinks it is his job to wave Zaijian (bye bye) to everyone leaving our elevator. People think this is pretty cute and love it! He turns one in two short weeks and I can not believe how much he is changing. He loves to wrestle with his Dad and to peek under the crack of the bathroom of the door in the morning, just waiting for Joab to come out and play some more! He loves peek-a-boo and to make you laugh- a joy indeed.
Miriam is getting into making sure everything matches that she is wearing, note in the picture her sweater and shoes are pink. I had nothing to do with this! She is becoming a little lady.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home