Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Monday, September 25, 2006

First Day of School Picture
















Okay, so today was not our first "real" day of school this fall. But it was the first day I was organized enough to get the camera out before we headed out the door! When I picked Miriam up from preschool this afternoon one of her teachers said the whole class (all 3-4 year olds) was going to Tiannamen Square for a field trip! I think my first field trip was in Kindgergarden when we went to local pumpkin patch! I am not sure if she is going to go- as it might be a little too much for her. But it sounds like a great idea to me!

When I was on the computer this afternoon I turned around and saw the above. The two kids playing TOGETHER. What a great thing!!!!! It was more like Asa taking all of miring markers and chewing on them, but she was very kind and let him. Note the clothes pins in his hair that Miriam thought would look great in his hair.

Asa's babysitter at lunch showed me all the things she is trying to teach him. They include: thank you with fists together (a very Chinese mannerism), putting one finger up and saying yi (one), and waving zaijian (bye-bye). He has the zaijian part almost down, which makes his vocab two words, Da-da and Zaijian! She really loves him, and that really makes leaving him a lot easier for me.

October Holiday is next week- it is like our 4th of July (but even better since we get a whole week off). I don't quite understand why, but Joab and I have school/work this Saturday and next Sunday to "make up" for some of the days we get off. So we get a seven day break, but have to work/go to school some of it. Anyway, like most things here that I don't quite get you just have to go along with it and not get stressed out by it not making any sense! It will be nice to have a week off, we plan to get together with some friends, see the Great Wall and catch up on school work.

That is about how exciting we are at the moment! Zaijian! Em

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home