Hi! We've lived in Shanghai since 2007. Joab works for a technology company and Em loves raising globally minded kids

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ankle Update

Well, the good news is I started Physical Therapy yesterday! A really great PT guy from Australia will "work" weekly on my ankle for the next two weeks. After two weeks I can start putting some weight on it. I broke my fibia which is the smaller of your two ankle bones. He said this makes learning how to walk again a bit faster!

He said to me : "You seem a little desperate to walk again!"

I told him I will be the model patient and do whatever it takes to walk again! And the first step is to just keep resting...this is the hardest part for me!

He used ultrasound and some type of electrical current (did not hurt) to get better blood flow to my foot to aid in healing. I feel a ton better today! But I did too much yesterday (went to the Post Office after my appointment on crutches) and now have a cold again.

So back in bed for me...at least until the cold passes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean Smith said...

em...i can't believe you are STILL immobile. duh...what do i expect when all of little bones are damaged...but still...i just can't imagine YOU being still for that long...hee hee!

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Kim Harms said...

I hope that your body starts working overtime to heal! Being laid up with little kids has got to be about the most challenging thing I can think of. God always seems to use the unfortunate events in our lives to teach us something though. It stinks to go through it, but then afterwards I can often clearly see the path that was muddled when I was in the midst of it.

11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home