Upside Down Irish Pasta
Asa - pretending he was a dog eating it.
So Joab and I bought too much cheese! Our good friends tipped us off to a place in town that sells wholesale foreign foods (think a huge outdoor Sam's club). So we went and got some great stuff! Including eleven pounds (that is right 11!!) of Imported Irish White Cheddar. The block looked somehow very small in the huge market. It was not until we got home that we realized how much cheese we really had! The good news is we LOVE the cheese. So very good! I made mac and cheese for lunch with broccoli. As I was thinking about how I was going to get (con?) the kids into eating pasta with a veggie in it it- I remembered something Joab's Mom used to do. Let them eat the pasta with no fork!
So I let them go for it- labeling my pasta - Upside down- pasta. As you needed to tip your bowl upside down onto the table before you could eat it. The look on their faces that I was LETTING them eat with their hands was worth all the work to cut up/shred eleven pounds of cheese!
And yes, here is one of the cut up blocks as big as Miriam's head!
Freezer- second shelf full of shredded cheddar. If you come over just assume you will have a dish with cheese in it!
Recipe (this would be a fun St. Paddy's day dish as it is green!)


2 Comments:
You are a hoot!
12:27 AM
Can you please send me the address to this market!!! You should never keep these little treasures you find here from me.
Lisa
10:27 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home