Rain , rain GO away
Asa now thinks his teeth are loose. Yesterday he came up to me and said in all seriousness "Mommy my teeth are bumpy" he was so sad that perhaps this would get him the attention that Miriam was getting.
Miriam has started an after school class once a week to learn how to write Chinese. Since my written Chinese is not so great I decided to take it with her! So I am the only parent sitting in class (and yes I sit around the same preschool table with my own preschool sized chair!). It was fun yesterday to read the kids a book (in English) before the class started. I just love Chinese kids- they are so eager to learn! Mei is left handed and in this VERY right handed culture she is doing a great job writing the characters. I am very proud of her.
Word must of got around that I read the book to the kids. As Asa's teacher asked me if I could come in Friday afternoon and read some of Asa's favorite books (in English) to his class. I am very grateful for the chance to get to know his classmates better.
Hope there is sun where you are! Love Em


3 Comments:
I love their smiles with lost teeth. We seem to be missing quite a few around here too. Owen finally lost his front tooth that has been a gray color for the past two years after bonking his face into his cousin's head with some major force!
5:32 AM
As always, love your posts. PLENTY of sun here, too much, really...it's making me a little nervous for what surely lies just around the corner. Way to go learning your characters, preschool chair and all:)
5:38 AM
After two months of it raining through a hole in our roof it stopped two days ago, so, we've got sun. I love that Miriam's teeth are different sizes. That's awesome. You can tell her I'm jealous. Love, David and Martha
10:24 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home